Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wet N Wild 5K, with some Stanley Cup Fun!!!!


YAY!!! The LA Kings won the Stanley Cup! Those of you that follow me on Twitter know what a HUGE Kings fan I am. I’m sure I lost a few followers with all my cheering and crying over my team (especially New Jersey fans) but when you’re excited about a team, your excited!  I grew up going to Kings Games with my family when tickets were only $10.00, they wore purple & gold jersey, hockey helmets weren’t mandatory, and they played at the Forum.  My dad worked nights when I was young, so my mom to keep us occupied most of the time she would take us to games. Took a little begging from my brother but we always went.  When the LA Kings made it to the final round of the Stanley Cup playoffs all we could do was cheer, support, and pray that Lord Stanley would be a LA resident for a year. The game ended on June 11, 2012 with the LA Kings winning game 6 against the New Jersey Devils 6-1.  HOLY HOCKEY BATMAN, WE GOT THE CUP!!!!  There was NO WAY I was going to miss the Championship Parade so I took a day off work and headed down to LA with 250,000 other fans to see our champions. Robert and I were fortunate to get tickets inside Staples Center for the rally, and I finally got to see that Cup in person….from a far distance but I still saw it!
  
Robert and I at the Staples Rally! GO KINGS!


The following Saturday I got my friends Krissy  and Kumi to join me for the Wet N Wild 5k at Knott’s Berry Farm. Krissy’s done a few races with me, but this was Kumi’s first…how EXCITING!! I was so happy to have them there with me and introduce the 5k world to Kumi. Since they don’t run as often, I agreed to stay with them no matter if we had to walk, run, skip, or crawl. This was about having fun and getting a workout in. We did start off doing a run/walk but with some minor obstacles with Krissy’s shins, and Kumi’s side stitches we decided to do a fast pace walk around mile 2. The race started across the street at  Indepence Hall then took us through all of Knott’s…...Camp Snoopy, Fiesta Village, Broadwalk, and Ghost Town. The last 1/3 mile of this race was what we were looking forward to the most, getting to walk the lazy river at Soak City. We got to the gates of Soak City and behold in front of us was what seemed like heaven since it was a bit hot that morning. We took our shoes off and Jump in the Sunset Lazy River…AHH so refreshing. Some people were actually diving under the water and letting the current of the river take them through. It was allot of fun! We got out and decided to just run bare foot to the finish….this will be the only time I will EVER attempt bare foot running! HA! We got some fun medals which I wasn’t expecting, and Kumi finished her 1st 5k…YAY!!


In the water!


With my medal and of coarse wearing my Kings hat!
I decided that I’d like to stick to 5k’s for a while until I’m ready to start training up for anything larger. I love introducing the racing world to friends even if it’s a 5k

FINISHERS..and Baby Rosie!

In a few weeks I’ll be running my favorite 5k..the La Palma Run for Fun 4th of July Race!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. HEE HEE. I hope next year I can run more of it with you two!

    ReplyDelete