Saturday, July 14, 2012

La Palma Run for Fun 5k with my new running buddy!

I love the 4th of July!! We celebrate our country, and it officially feels like summer when that holiday hits. My mom and I have been participating in the La Palma Run for Fun 5k for 2 years together. I run it and she enjoys her little walk. Last year was so hot that I couldn't wait for it to end, but this year was perfect running weather. Overcast and we had a nice breeze...so perfect! 

We got the race a little early to pick up our bibs and t-shirts. I do have to say for a small 5k, their t-shirts are pretty nice! I also finally saw DANICA!! Its been so long so it was wonderful to see her! She was running the 10k and shooting for a placement in her age group..which she did! YAY!

Mom and I at the start
The race started exactly on time and I kept telling myself to just run and have fun. I had my music going and before I knew it was hitting mile 2. I decided to take a few water breaks and breathers to make sure I wasn't getting overheated. My pace was a little slower then usual but I was enjoying myself. I was finally on the home stretch and picked up my pace a little and hit the finish at 38 mins.....that's slow for me but there is a perfectly wonderful reason for it......See I'm no longer running for myself anymore, I now have a running buddy that I have to really take care of while running!! I have to fuel differently before running any distance, run slower, and make sure I have enough water with me. Its not just my body that I have to listen too anymore it's the Peanuts too, but I wouldn't want it any other way! Robert and I are more excited then ever and can't wait for January 25, 2013!!



Me and my buddy!

I do plan on running for as long as I can or when the doctor tells me to slow down! It does make me feel so much better. I've had quite the first 3 months with morning...or all day sickness...and the running is actually helping with that. It takes a little to get me to throw on my running shoes because I'm tired more then usual, but after I'm done I feel so much better. I have decided that I'm going to stick to smaller distances and do more aqua jogging and swimming within the next 6 months. 

Robert and I are ready for the big changes that are going to take place and can't wait to have our family of 3!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! Baby...Baby....Baby...baby......Watermelon..watermelon....watermelon......Woot Woot! Don't worry I'll drink wine for you!!!

    ReplyDelete